<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random rants and occasional raves on life outside metropolitan Finland.

Sunday, June 29, 2003

Drama, much?


Whew, some day. Woke up late, feeling much less ill, to find everyone else up and busy tidying up the house (my parents', that is) for my sister's confirmation and first communion festivities. I was once more reminded of the origin of my occasional bursts of maniacal cleaning. I did the basement and the room I sleep in. It's not really my room, since I feel like I haven't had a room since I moved away from Kangasala. Places to sack, yes, but not a proper boudoir.

I was supposed to head to Janne's for his warm-up party, but unfortunately he and A-P hadn't managed to get tickets for the G-A-Y Summer party we were all to attend, so they had to go downtown to actually cue outside. So I ended up going to Jarkko's instead, which was just as well since he had my ticket (one I would've been left without had not one of Meee's hags cancelled. Jaaku was there, too, (curiously enough I've yet to meet his Estonian boyfriend. Don't you hate it when people hide their partners?) and we had a swell time.

Here's where we get to the drama part. Laterna was nicely decorated and it seemed like half of Helsinki was there - nice to see people bothering to leave the confines of Ring III once a summer - along with all of the Tampere scene. I'd brought a nifty Sony Cybershot U to record the damage, and boy, did I ever! Couples broke up, made out, broke up again, and generally stormed every which way. As the night flew by to the rhythm of just about everything from a Paula Koivuniemi potpourri to hardfloor, via ESC hits, I felt simultaneous sadness and joy at the fact that I'm not seeing anyone.

It's hard seeing your friends get rejected, yet it's comforting to realise you're not the one at the receiving end of the stick. There was a strong detached voyeristic feeling to the whole evening. The greatest drama is that I kind of enjoyed it. Ersatz, much.

The sky was heavy with omens when we walked back to the car.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com